- Fall Armyworm (FAW): Note to farmers in Nigeria
- Launching and Unveiling of the Institute’s 50th Anniversary Logo
- CAPACITY BUILDING ON EDIBLE MUSHROOM PRODUCTION
- Average Market Price of Selected Agricultural Commodity of Selected markets of Oyo State for week ending 13th September, 2018
- Average Price of Selected commodities in Major Markets of Oyo State (For week ending 7th September, 2018)
- Average Price of Selected commodities in Major Markets of Oyo State (For week ending 31st August, 2018)
- Average Price of Selected commodities in Major Markets of Oyo State (For week ending 24/08/18)
- Average Price of Selected commodities in Major Markets of Oyo State (For week ending 16/08/18)
- Average Price of Selected commodities in Major Markets of Oyo State (For week ending 03/08/18)
- Average Price of Selected commodities in Major Markets of Oyo State (For week ending 27/07/18)
- KENAF SEED DISTRIBUTION FOR KENAF FARMERS’ EMPOWERMENT @ EKITI
- Average Prices of Selected Commodities in Major Markets of Oyo State (week ending 19/07/2018)
- KAFACI, IAR&T’s partnership will improve livestock farming —Sang Ho
- WEEKLY PRICE OF SELECTED COMMODITIES IN MAJOR MARKETS OF OYO STATE (for week ending on 12/07/2018)
- Weekly Price of Selected Commodities in Some Markets in Oyo State for week ending on 6/07/2018
- Weekly Prices of Selected Commodities in Some Markets in Oyo State for week ending on 30/06/20018
- AVERAGE PRICE OF MAJOR COMMODITIES IN OYO STATE (for the week ending on 29/06/2018).
- PRICES OF AGRICULTURAL COMMODITIES IN SELECTED MAJOR MARKETS OF OYO STATE For the week ending on (29/06/2018)
- AVERAGE PRICE OF MAJOR COMMODITIES IN OYO STATE (for the week ending on 25/05/2018 and 1/6/2018)
- Lagos MarketWatch – June 1 – 9
- AVERAGE PRICE OF MAJOR COMMODITIES IN SELECTED MARKETS IN OYO STATE (for the week ending on 10 & 23/06/2018).
- FACES @ THE 7TH NETGALS NTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE GOING ON AT IAR&T, OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, MOOR PLANTATION IBADAN.
- IAR&T WEEKLY PRICE DATA OF AGRICULTURAL COMMODITIES(LAGOS STATE)
- 7TH NETGALS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
- IAR&T WEEKLY PRICE DATA (OYO STATE)
- IAR&T WEEKLY PRICE SURVEY (for Lagos State)
- IAR&T Seminar Series
- 7th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE WORKSHOP ON GIANT AFRICAN LAND SNAILS(Net GALS)
- IAR&T WEEKLY MARKET PRICE SURVEY
- APPOINTMENT OF NEW HEADS OF PROGRAMMES/UNITS
- Directors Speech
- 2018 IN-HOUSE REVIEW OPENING CEREMONY
- 2018 ANNUAL IN-HOUSE REVIEW LEAD PAPER PRESENTATION
- NEW DEPUTY DIRECTOR ELECTED…
- 2018 ANNUAL REFILS WORKSHOP
- 2018 ANNUAL IN-HOUSE REVIEW EXERCISE
- IAR&T Launches National Consultative Forum for Soil Research
- PROMOTIONS IN THE INSTITUTE
- THE FIRST OUTBREAK OF THE FALL ARMYWORM, Spodoptera frugiperda (J.E. Smith) IN MAIZE FIELDS IN NIGERIA
- 2017 ANNUAL REFILS WORKSHOP
- A NEW MAIZE VARIETY TO TACKLE MALNOURISHMENT
- IAR&T Launches Nation Soil Information Portal
- World Soil Day
- Participatory Varietal Selection
- Farmers Field Day, Osun State
The Institute of Agricultural Research and Training (IAR&T) is one of the foremost National Agricultural Research Institutes in Nigeria. It is affiliation with the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife since 1969 makes it one of the four University-based Agricultural Research Institutes in Nigeria. Even though, this affiliation opens a lot of opportunities to the Institute, it also bestows a lot of responsibilities and challenges to the entire workforce. Having mandate for improved farming systems in South West Nigeria, Scientists can work on virtually any crop grown by farmers in the zone apart from the national mandate crops assigned to the Institute by the Government.
In addition to research activities, teaching assignments are being handled by many of our scientiests as the home campus of the University. Ile-Ife a distance of about eighty kilometers from Ibadan. The participation of Management staff and senior scientists in many University Statutory meetings and committees is also involving.
The Institute has intimate and regular contact with resource-poor farmers throughout the nooks and crannies of South Western Nigeria covering the six States of Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ondo and Ekiti. The IAR&T is the South West Zonal Coordinating Research Institute. Demand-driven and peasant-farmer targeted improved agricultural technologies are generated and disseminated to thousands of farm-families in South Western Nigeria and even beyong. The Institute has developed over the years effective and improved technologies including outstanding varieties of many common staples of maize, cowpea, cassava, fruit and leaf vegetables to mention a few.
Soil and Water Management Research
Research into efficient use and management of soils for increased and sustainable agricultural productivity.
Farming Systems Technology
Investigate, evaluate, validate and promote farming systems technology adaptable to agroecologies.
Provide consultancy services in the area of soil testing, improved crop and livestock production, utilization and agricultural extension strategies.
Crop and Livestock Production
Develop improved and integrated crop and livestock production.
Collaborate with relevant stakeholders and relevant institutions in agricultural production system.
The Institute, in order to meet its mandate and the demands of its role, has functioned as a Multi-Commodity Research, Training and Services Centre for the improvement of agricultural productivity and farm efficiency through research into the existing soils, crops and livestock resources in the broad agro-ecological zones of south-western Nigeria. The Institute has carried out its Research, Services and Training activities in the context of the following four broad objectives:
- To serve as a national centre for the integrated improvement of the genetic potential, yield and nutritional or utilization quality of major food and agro-industrial (raw materials) crops, livestock and other important commodities adapted to the broad agro-ecological zones of south-western Nigeria.
- To investigate, develop, evaluate, validate and promote farming systems that would increase and maximise overall agricultural production and productivity.
- To provide adequate, relevant and functional junior, intermediate and high level manpower training for national agricultural development.
- To collaborate with other universities, national, regional and international institutions in the validation and practical application and adoption of improved agricultural production technologies.
Research and Service Units
THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR'S PROFILE
Prof. James Alabi Adediran (Phd, PDC, FSS) is the Executive Director of the Institute since May, 2013. He is a Professor of Soil Science and a resource scientist/Consultant to farmers and organizations. He joined the Institute in 1988 and has served in various capacities, as Head of soil programme (2003 -2005), Deputy Director (2006-2010). His main focus is on soil fertility management for agricultural production. He has published over 70 scientific papers and supervised quite a number of post graduate (MSc and Ph.D) students.
We are eager to collaborate with National and International Agricultural Research Organizations, Universities Worldwide, States and Federal Government Agencies/Parastatals, Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs), Small/Medium/Large scale farmers, Commodity Associations etc. in the task of making our dear Country to be food secured and a major exporters of agricultural products. We hope to make the website highly interactive and enjoyable to all.
The General Public are hereby invited to the launching and Unveiling of the 50th AnniversaryRead More
Average Market Price of Selected Agricultural Commodity of Selected markets of Oyo State for week ending 13th September, 2018
The average market price of selected agricultural commodity of some markets of Oyo State forRead More