Mr. 'Boye Popoola
Deputy Registrar/Secretary to the Institute
The Institute of Agricultural Research and Training (I.A.R.&T.) is an integral part of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. As a result, the I.A.R.&T. Registry is an integral part of Registry of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.
The Registry of the Institute of Agricultural Research and Training, Ibadan is all encompassing in the sense that it deals with the organization and Management of the Institute’s human resources.
It deals with employing and training of people in the Institute. Also, it is the custodian of rules and regulations that govern the conditions of service of both the Junior and Senior Staff of the Institute. The Registry also oversees the discipline of eering staff according to the rules and regulations governing their services. The Registry provides the enabling environment through proper keeping of records and proper interpretation of rules and regulations governing the operations of the Institute to achieve the set goals and objectives of the Institute.
We have four (4) Units within the Institute Registry.
- Senior Staff Matters
- Junior Staff Matters
- Staff Records and Statistics
- Corporate Services
- Senior Staff Matters Unit: The Unit handles all Senior Staff Matters including employment, promotion, training and discipline. Matters affecting Senior Staff are handled by this Unit within the Institute’s Registry. The Unit services the meetings of the Institute Review Panel and Selection Panels.
- Junior Staff Matters Unit: This Unit deals with all matters that has to do with Junior Staff in the Institute, including employment, promotion, training and discipline. The Unit services meetings of Divisional Review Panels and the Junior Staff Committee.
- Staff Records and Statistics Unit: This is the Unit that handles the records on the distribution of Staff within the Institute. This Unit also handles all matters related to Pensions and Retirements.
- Corporate Services Unit: This Unit handles the issues on accommodation for Institute visitors, National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) registration and Identification Cards.
The entire Registry of the University is headed by the Registrar. The Head of the Institute’s Registry is the Deputy Registrar/Secretary to the Institute. He is however assisted by a Deputy Registrar, two Principal Assistant Registrar, a Senior Assistant Registrar and two other Administrative Officers.